history, historiography, politics, current events

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

World Peace is Bullshit!!!!

On my way to the Rutgers Library I was confronted by an older gentleman, probably late-50s or early - 60s, who was passing out flyers that read "STOP THE WAR." There were some photos on the flyers, most likely those evil imperialists Bush and Cheney, and there was also alot of writing, which was probably a long list supposed war crimes. I declined to take the flyer, because, well, I simply don't agree with the argument. After I declined, he made a snide comment that "If Bob were here he'd take one." (I was wearing a Bob Dylan t-shirt) To which I replied as I was walking away "I don't care." (I would have said something wittier, but I had work to do. Besides, I have a blog so I can tear his ass up here.) I was tempted to go into the library and print and pass out flyers that would have read "START MORE WARS," but the university's new printing policy prevented me from doing so. Instead I decided to let Penn and Teller rip apart World Peace.




No comments: