history, historiography, politics, current events

Friday, February 22, 2008

Hello

I created this blog to share my thoughts and experiences as a graduate student in the history program at Rutgers University. I will mostly comment and attempt to analyze and critique the works and theories that I am currently reading for my seminars. Another goal of this blog is to shed some light on what it's like being in graduate school, which sounds simple enough. I will also comment on developments and arguments in the various fields of history that interest me: the American Civil War, military history, early American history, and the history of conservatism. However, from time-to-time I will comment on subjects and issues other than historiographical ones. Since the country is in the midst of a fairly important and historic presidential campaign I will also comment on politics and other current events. I'm a libertarian/moderate conservative, but I welcome comments from all p.o.v.'s as long as they are civil and respectful.
So....I will be posting the first real entry soon.
Josh

No comments: